Wedding ceremonies are available to any couples that have a "link to the parish" in keeping with Church of England regulations. If you do not have a link to the parish in which you want to be married, you would need special permission to do so. You can check which parish you live in by typing your post code into the Church of England website

Weddings in the Church of England require the public reading of Banns (a declaration of the marriage) over 3 separate services in each of the groom's home parish, the bride's home parish and the parish in which you are to be married. If this is not possible or if any other irregularity exists, it is possible to arrange for a License to Marry, which should usually be obtained at least 1 month before the wedding.

We recommend contacting us about wedding dates at least 6 months in advance of the planned date in order to book out the church building. Although the parishes are rural and are not overly busy, any confusion which might lead to a double booking would be a major problem for most people.

To help plan your wedding in church, the Church of England has a website with all sorts of helpful advice and tips.

If you wish to discuss a wedding, please fill in the form below or contact us via the contact us page.

Note that not all of the form fields are mandatory.

Powered by Church Edit